Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cloth Diapers, my new addiction!

....So I've gotten "fluffy mail" in the last week and have received some really great deals!  So far, I have 6 diapers and am due to get 4 more and will have a total of 10 in my slowly budding collection.  It's great to see that Gregg has also taken to this idea and is just as fascinated with them as I am!  He is always on board when something makes logical sense....even more in agreeance when it makes economical, practical and financial sense and I do believe he thoroughly appreciates my efforts to save money and determination to pursue this and to make cloth diapers work...for us. 

I've subscribed to so many mommy channels on YouTube related to cloth diapering and just in mothering tips related to going green....and have truly learned so much about being natural and am very excited about how these subtle changes will benefit my family as well as the environment.  I am really beginning to understand how this whole cloth diapering can be addictive, oh boy!  They come in such cute prints and nifty designs that you can't get just one....it's near impossible...but I am trying to be a realist, because I do not know which ones will work best for the baby nor do I know which ones I will like the most...so I have to refrain from going bonkers and buying on every sale that crosses my path.

Seriously, this is much harder than resisting that sexy pair of stilettos or that great purse on sale at TJ Maxx...I believe my "cutoff" point will be another 2 diapers to round out my dozen of one-sized diapers and covers and then I will buy a dozen prefolds too.  I believe that will be enough to carry me through the first 2 weeks or so ...and then I'll know which ones I like or which ones that work best and will be able to actually order my STOCK ...at which point, I will be sooooooooooooooo excited then to shop shop shop---I am in nesting mode FULL THROTTLE now it seems...and I was just made aware of the fact that there is an actual STORE...cloth diapering store..barely 30 minutes from me so I will definitely have to head over there to really check out their stash and inventory to learn more about this whole new habit I'm forming!

I am contemplating trying my hand at actually sewing a cloth diaper.  I saw a few patterns for them on Etsy and truly it doesn't look that hard...and I'm a novice/somewhat knowledgeable sewer...I'm not the fancypants my professional seamstress mother is....but I have learned some great tips from her through the years and I think she would be happy and impressed that I am trying to get better at it and taking it on as a new hobby.  I am finding that it is very therapeutic and de-stressing for me...and... I love seeing my projects come to life and finished.

Being PREGGO had certainly brought out the craftiness in me....I have a whole list of things I'd like to do before the baby comes and the projects that I have lined up are both baby and home decor related so it'll be interesting to see what I actually attempt and complete, lol.  I have a bit of ADD...as I think everyone has some bit of it...and my creativity doesn't always come when I want it to...the juices may start flowing but the actual application doesn't always happen....right away so I am making it a point to be mindful..flat out...intentional about starting and completing them because I know everyone will enjoy our home being more "homey" and decorative...I always have this running ticker...this list...that seems neverending but it always manages to keep me steppin' and keep things interesting...since I get bored so easily....ho hum.

...I fear I am just yammering away again with no true order or sense of direction of what I am even talking about...lol.  Just be on the lookout for some updates related to pregnancy progress...baby shower stuff...registry ....and of course, more cloth diapers!  Once, I actually get my full stash...I will try to do a vlog on what brands I got and why....and then attempt to do a video on my first laundering experience w/them as you're supposed to PREP them before the first initial use ANNDDDDDD I'll also be able to use the new wool dryer balls I got with them too so it should make for a very interesting vlog and post!

Until then, I'm signing off as your preggo eggo....Take Care, Stay Cool, and Be Happy!

Elise_Is_PG

No comments:

Post a Comment