| Customizedgal.com was having a sale for $12 so I got this tank top made for when I went to the ultrasound! Super cute and I am so proud to wear it out and show off my belly :) |
So it's been about 2 weeks since my last post. ALOT has happened since then. I can't believe the summer will soon be over and we've only gone to the shore, TWICE!!! So weird as this has been my routine for almost the last 7 years, it was surreal to be HOME on the weekends during the summer, lol. We've managed to get alot done, which is great for preparing for the baby so I am very thankful to have had the time to do what I normally don't get to do.
I had my 20 week ultrasound/anatomy scan yesterday and both Gregg and Vanessa were there for the "event!'...although our ultrasound tech was not so friendly nor did she have a nice "bedside" manner so she really didn't seem to care either way about us finding out the sex of the baby and her answer wasn't very definitive either...everything in terms of development looked GREAT and we are still left w/the question of what the gender is ...unanswered...she said it "could" be a girl, but didn't really try to show us via the scan what she was looking at that made her think so...nor did she get the doctor to confirm it...she was quite passe about it which really actually, pissed me off. I totally get they can never guarantee it yet she really wasn't helpful.
I do have to return in 3 weeks for a follow up as my placenta placement is unsually low and close to the opening of the cervix so they want to ensure that it starts to move up into my uterus and doesn't end up covering up the cervix opening altogether. This condition is known as Placenta Previa which is often occurs in early/mid pregnancy but should fix itself as you progress, but if it doesn't, it could potentially end up in pre-term delivery and a mandatory c-section, which in terms of the c-section is fine as I am already scheduled for a repeat one anyways...so I have to be mindful of what I'm doing to avoid any further "descent" of my placenta. I wasn't really instructed to do anything different nor was I given any restrictions, yet I still want to be mindful of what I am doing and how I am going about my day-to-day.
| 20 week belly! My face is...getting...FAT, lol. |
| Profile scan of Bambino/a Davis at 20 weeks! |
Many of my mommy friends that have toddler-aged kids have volunteered their baby clothes and some of their baby essentials to me for FREE so I will have to pick through everything when it gets closer or maybe after the baby is born since I don't know yet if I'm having a boy or girl...so we shall see. If I have a girl, it will be kinda sweet since I still have alot of Vanessa's clothes from 11 years ago!!! And her stuff was so cute and will still be "in style" for the baby so that will be nice that the baby can wear some of her sister's clothes...but for now, it is going to be a surprise! :)
Also, I have been debating for awhile now if I would actually need a crib and changing table...I just hate adding more furniture to our house so I am unsure...yet I recently saw the CUTEST crib bedding that I absolutely love! It is a bit pricey so I am searching sites and etsy.com for similar fabrics to see if I could attempt making the bedding myself....which I am sure will be an undertaking since I am a novice sewer...but I'm up for the challenge if need be. I am still debating...and will see how I end up...but for now, my plan was to use a pack and play that comes w/a cozy sleeper bassinet attachment and converting an existing dresser I have into the changing table area...But here is a pic of the bedding I fell in love with, I really love it, especially since it's gender neutral and I can use it for subsequent kids...
As I am thinking up sewing and knitting ideas for Vanessa and I to do to prep for the baby, I am also excited about the baby shower and just getting together w/all of my friends to celebrate our soon to be arriving baby in late December or early January. I am really hoping to have the baby before Christmas, but whatever God's plan is, I will follow it as long as the baby is doing well and healthy.
I don't have much else to report for now, but will follow up as soon as I get more info in 3 weeks from my follow up ultrasound about the placenta previa and maybe then, I can get a 2nd opinion on what the gender of the baby is...but until then, happy nurturing and enjoying the last few weeks of summer!
Love Always!
Elise_Is_PG

No comments:
Post a Comment