Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Update--ER and dehydration...

...So it was quite unfortunate that when I posted my vlog on Friday I later admitted myself to the PETU (pregnancy emergency treatment unit) at my hospital...for dehydration...I had been battling diarrhea for 2 days and having contractions due to it and it wasn't getting better and the docs strongly urged me to check in for monitoring to rule out preterm labor....so...as it were...I admitted myself around 3pm and stayed til about 6:30pm...it wasn't too bad although I felt it so unnecessary to go there but it's always better to be safe than sorry....so I am grateful to get checked out and feel a bit more calm about it all...My dilemma now is I don't have diarrhea anymore, but now constipation has been plaguing me and that is NOT fun at all, lol.  I am feeling more constant lower back pain as well as braxton hicks contractions...and the baby is definitely busy moving around way more active than normal which is great yet I am totally exhausted to no avail.  I am so excited for this baby to join our family that...I can't even contain it lol.  I am dreaming crazy dreams and am so ready to set up everything baby...lol.  I am literally NO LIE peeing every 10 minutes which I don't even know how I'm going to deal....I'm seriously considering buying those female travel pee cups lmao....seriously did you know they even had female pee funnels?  I never even ever thought to look into it until now...since it seems like such a necessity!  http://www.go-girl.com/     I just can't risk any accidents while I am driving or Lord only knows where it will hit me...

Vanessa told me that I definitely popped out and LOOK so preggo now and she likes it! lol....It is truly so surreal that I am about 80 something days away...from my scheduled c-section and I really believe I will go earlier than that so it's just overwhelming to think we will have this cute bundle of joy joining our family very soon and I can only hope and pray that everyone will transition okay...meanwhile, my girlfriends and sister are actively planning my baby shower...which is super neat!  I was able to find some really cool favors for both guys and gals that I think are so unique and practical all at the same time and am so excited to just mingle and hang out w/all of my friends!  Gregg and I are also gonna be hanging out w/some great friends for Halloween and are still trying to figure out what our costumes will be...we were thinking either the couple's bun in the oven and bunmaker costume or....the plug and socket costume.....so we shall see if I end up doing that at all...
7 months (almost 29 wks) preggo!

...and I have yet to schedule my maternity portraits....and do my belly cast....and just get all of my stuff together to pack for my hospital, baby and postpartum bags....so it's all gradually coming together...

...as I continue to "expand" and get further along in my pregnancy, I am getting more and more paranoid about the other varying side effects...that come with it...the swollen ankles...the possible stretchmarks that may decide to rear their ugly head (although I didn't have them w/Vanessa, you never know as each pregnancy is different) the acne and melasma...which I had active breakouts and a very noticeable pregnancy mask across the middle of my face when I was preggo the first time...so I'm almost anticipating their reoccurrences and am very thankful they haven't...YET but I'm trying to prepare myself in the event that they do...

...it's amazing that I continue to be as vain as I am lol...and in all honesty, it just makes me feel better knowing that I look presentable....I would hate to be the mom or woman that has a last minute anything and shows up looking like a disheveled mess...although it's totally OK to be...with the exhaustion that I am feeling, it's a wonder I can get up! lol.  my daily routine consists of dropping off and picking Vanessa up from school...eating throughout the day and I always attempt to get an hour nap inbetween but sometimes it doesn't happen.  I do feel fortunate that I have been able to stay home during this pregnancy as it was a bit harder for me this time around YET it's been totally trippin' me out that I haven't worked since end of February...I remember feeling this way after giving birth to Vanessa...she was such a good baby and I ran out of stuff to do and she was so great at keeping herself entertained, I just about went stircrazy staying home and I feel like that will happen with this baby as well...I can only handle staying at home for so long before I crack, lol...

...anyways nothing exciting to report but just a rambling of sorts.  It's only just around the corner and Baby Davis will be here w/our family---I just can't...believe it still... :)

...until the next update, be happy and enjoy your day!

Elise_Is_PG

2 comments:

  1. How exciting your baby is almost here! Sorry to hear about all the dehydration, hopefully that'll pass and you'll start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Sin_ty_a....I am feeling better and am just getting more eager for the baby to arrive!

    ReplyDelete