....I can't believe it's been over a month already since my first blog! The time has definitely escaped me and I am eager to get back on track with my updates! I am still trying to figure out how to upload my vlogs/videos to the blogspot without complications and so far, I haven't progressed...so thank you for your patience as I am almost certain these videos will be informative, fun and make you laugh!
I also didn't expect to have a follower already! So thank you so much Cynthia for showing some interest in my journey and giving me an incentive to stay on top of my blog and keeping you up-to-date! :)
I titled this blog, March Madness, but I really didn't mean the basketball teams selection...it truly has been March Madness for me in general. With turning 33 year last month, it truly has been a bittersweet moment. The desire to want to beocme pregnant has been such an informal priority, that it has truly taken over and I didn't want to make it the focus in my family yet there isn't a day that goes by that I don't hope and pray for that HPT to produce 2 lines.
March is especially a sensitive time for me as this exact time last year...my cycle was 45 days long and YES, I was pregnant last year! After my traditional 32 day cycle came and went, I was taking HPTs every 3rd day and they kept turning up negative. I was getting so frustrated but I did in fact have some early pregnancy signs--swollen breasts, headaches, lower backaches and fatigue and smells totally affected me. My friend was having a birthday party for her son at Chuck E. Cheese's this time last year and I remember her telling us that she was pregnant...she wasn't actively trying, but was open to whatever happened and at 39, was pregnant with her third. Honestly, I wasn't saddened at all by her news although, she is such a sweetheart and felt bad sharing her news as she knew I was desperately trying for a baby. It gave me hope and I think that was when I told my husband that we should really give Clomid a shot when my next cycle would start and he agreed.
The following weekend, we went to a wedding and I felt amazing and I couldn't explain why. I just loved the gown I wore to the wedding, my boobs were fabulous and really "coming out." I still hadn't gotten my period yet HPTs were still negative. I still watched what I drank and ate just because I wasn't sure. Finally, that Monday after the wedding, I took a HPT and it was POSITIVE! I was in shock and took 3 more and they all read positive, I was ecstatic! I told my husband and daughter. I went for a blood test on that Wednesday and on that Friday, it was confirmed, I was pregnant! Based on my LMP, I was estimated to be about 6-7 weeks. I was scheduled to have an ultrasound at 8 weeks. This was truly amazing and I couldn't have been happier.
...I knew I had to distract my mind....and thankfully my daughter was scheduled to be w/her biological dad for the weekend, so I had complete freedom to grieve and cry if I wanted to without upsetting her or hiding it from her. I decided to paint a cessna airplane w/a streaming marquee on her wall as she had requested that I add this to her bedroom mural for quite some time so it was very therapeutic for me to distract myself and it's very sentimental to me everytime I look at it. :)
Nothing could've prepared me for what would happen after my daughter came home from her father's that Sunday. I answered the door, and in she walked in, kissing my belly, and telling "it" "Hello Baby! Hope you're doing good in there!"...I tried to hold back the tears because I was going to have to tell her that I miscarried over the weekend and didn't know how she would take the news. She put her things away and got settled and I asked her if I could speak to her in private. This conversation probably was going to be the most difficult conversation I have ever had to have in my adult life thus far. I took her to her room and we sat down. I started to tell her that I had some bad news. As I began to tell her that I lost the baby, I will never forget the look on her face...my tender young darling, was only 9 years old when I told her that the baby wasn't ready to come to be with us. She didn't react right away....she just sat silently..with no response...then it happened...her eyes welled up with these deep tears and she just began to cry...she was asking, "Why? How comes? It's not fair!!!" She told me I was a great mommy to her and deserved to have another baby and she was angry and sad all at the same time. She compared that her biological father and step-mom were able to have more babies and why not me?
...But what she did next only proved her genuine kind heart...she went downstairs to the living room, and embraced my husband, her step-father...and said to him, "I'm so sorry we lost your baby! We will try again." And all at once we all wept. She was so brave and courageous after such sad news and it was then that I was reminded of how very lucky I was to have such an amazing young girl as my daughter...She truly is the apple of my eye and the reason why I have been fortunate to become the mother that I am and the reason why I so want more children...to give her the gift of siblings and friendships that would last her whole lifetime...It would be such a blessing.
So here I sit...having a moment of deja vu...It is literally the anniversary ...give or take a week or two of the whole ordeal that took place last year...and as I reminisce...I know and believe...all good things come to those who wait...and God always has a plan...timing is everything ...and whatever is meant to be, will be. I am not much of a religious person or an avid church goer...but I have always been very spiritual and connected with my instincts and intuition...and so I am faithful to living life and letting the cards fall where they may....so everyday, I continue to work on myself and try to remain optimistic and hopeful.
...So where do I stand now you might ask? Well...I am waiting for my period...it is CD 35 (and I'm normally 32 day cycle) HPTs are coming up negative and I am scheduled to meet with my RE to discuss IVF on Wednesday, March 9th. If I don't get "Aunt Flow" tomorrow, I may call to ask for a blood test...just to make sure before I make any decisions to pursue IVF. It would be fabulous if I am pregnant naturally and I know that I will most likely request progesterone injections to aid in sustaining my pregnancy if that is what it ends up to be...and if I'm not PG then IVF will be our next possibility...but I won't know til the end of this week...so bear with me...I will continue to update when I can...but for now...I wait...I wish you all out there a happy Sunday and week! I continue to pray for not only myself but to all those out there TTC and send you baby dust and love always! Thank you for continuing to follow and hopefully there will be good news soon! :)
Hey, I love that pic of your family. Your daughter is amazing in the way she handled the miscarriage. You are blessed to have her in your life. I hope you got your BFP soon :)
ReplyDeleteHey Elise, it's Thursday the 10.. and I was checking your blog to see if you have any updates. I hope the whole IVF talk went well. Hope everything is going great for you :) take care.
ReplyDelete