Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 22, 2011

April 29th is the official day!!!!

...Whoa...so...I am 2dp5dt (2 days post 5-day transfer) this is the acronym that IVF'ers use to describe the different stages as we go through our IVF protocols...and I am feelin' pretty a-okay today...April 29th is the official day I will get the beta bloodwork done to see if I am in fact....PREGNANT!!!  So the acronym they are using now during my two-week wait is PUPO which stands for Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise, lol.

...RE Nurse called me yesterday to let me know that out of the leftover 7 blastocysts I had, they were able to freeze 4 of them, the other 3 didn't make it.  So I am very fortunate to have a total of 14 frozen!  I have 10- 2nd day PN embryos frozen and the 4-day 6 blastocysts frozen.  So we have enough embabies should we decide to do an FET (frozen embryo transfer) going forward if we'd like to...which is very reassuring since that means I won't have to go through all the injections or medications again, thank goodness!!!

...So now the waiting game begins and because I did a Day-5 transfer, I don't have to do a full two-week wait since I'm considered to have a head start, so next Friday will be so exciting!  I am trying to refrain from going crazy with baby website and maternity stuff since it's not official...but I can't help it!  I wanted to wait until after the first trimester to tell Vanessa but I was thinking that if at my 8 or 10-week ultrasound they confirm that they see the pole and sac then maybe I could tell her then...since last year when I had the miscarriage, I lost the baby before the actual ultrasound and they never confirmed that it was viable and there...so...we will see.

...My girlfriend, Chantille is the bestest as she is so excited for me, I love her so much for that!  She wants to have a bunch of little parties lol..like a confirmed pregnancy party and then a trimester party at each trimester and all that stuff...she totally gets how hard this has been on me and is totally keeping me in great spirits, thanks Chan!!! Love you for it!

...So anyways, we are going to NYC this weekend just to get out and for a change of scenary and to visit our good friend, Cory.  So now that I am officially NOT drinking, I will just have to substitute with great food and desserts instead, lol.

Until my next blog and news, Happy Easter to All and enjoy your holiday weekend!


Elise_PG_Wannabe

No comments:

Post a Comment