Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 3, 2011

Updates, graduation to regular OB, partying in the OCMD and revelations...

....Wow!  It's been almost 2 weeks since my last post???  How did THAT happen?  I'm such a Chatty Patty so it's baffling that I went so long in between postings.....lol....I guess I must have been actually busy? Holy Cannoli, lol.

...So anyways, to catch up on updates....things w/the pregnancy have been coming along exceptionally well....I am now 9 weeks today...and have had 2 ultrasounds...both of which were on par and on time for the date.  It is still so surreal to me that I am actually pregnant and at the end of the month, I can FINALLY "let the cat out of the bag" and make the official announcement that we are pregnant!  That will be such a weight off...it's hard keeping a secret...especially from your family...but I don't want to get their hopes up only to burst their bubble....especially w/what happened last year...it was so sad and I wouldn't want to put anyone through it again....

...Next Friday will be my LAST day of doing progesterone injections in "my arse" and I will get to stop the Vivelle Dot Estrogen patches...thank the good Lord for that too!  Holy Jimeney Crickets...by next Friday, I would've had about 60 injections in both of my a$$ cheeks...well actually the upper outer gluteous muscle, ehhhhh same difference it's still in my arse...and if you could see them now...they are a black and blue spotted pin cushion...not sexy at all...lol....but anything is worth it to have a healthy baby...literally I will do anything that I am able to do...

....Next Friday will also be my last final visit at the fertility specialist's office....for the past 10 weeks...I have been getting bloodwork done every Friday....because of my IVF Protocol....those that trigger with Lupron before the egg retrieval also have to do 8 weeks worth of blood work to monitor your hormone levels which I am happy worked out that way.  The more visits I get w/the doctor, the more happier I was because they knew my progress weekly and if anything went wrong, they were more able to pinpoint the problem because of seeing me so regularly.  I know that anyone trying to get pregnant can't help but get paranoid about the varying things that can go wrong...especially after you've been trying for so long or if you have past miscarriages....I feel so blessed that...I was out of work during this time and was able to dedicate 110% to the process and I really think that had a hand in the success of everything working out so well....still keepin' my fingers crossed every day...it is...truly amazing!

My RE, Dr.Kalra
...I decided to change my OB-Gyn as my original OB-Gyn is no longer at the practice that I went to.  She was amazing and I loved her so much but her hubby got an awesome offer in Syracuse, NY so they moved.  I stayed on in the past year but really don't feel comfortable w/the other doctors in the practice...so I recently ...changed to another really great office that is a few blocks away...and was referred by the receptionist at the fertility office as she is also going there...since she is newly pregnant and my RE, Dr. Kalra said that it's predominately an all women practice which I like...and she knew my other doctor personally and said that I should love this office as they are much like my past doctor...so I am excited.  I missed the ball and didn't schedule my 10 week visit early enough and they weren't able to get me in before my vacation to Cali so I will have to see them after 4th of July which will be my 14th week...It will be a welcomed break to not have any bloodwork done or any doctor's visit for 3 weeks and it's exciting as I know by then, alot of development will have already happened and Vanessa will already know so I can discuss so much with her at that point, so it is too cool!

...So last week was Memorial Weekend and my husband and I went to the OC in MD to "party" with my friend Miguel and his family of friends, cousins and siblings.  Apparently this is an annual thing they do every year and this was the 8th year that they've done it.  Honestly, I was initially totally dreading it since being pg and not being able to drink....I was thinking it wouldn't turn out well that I'd be surrounded by alot of drunkeness and retarded humor...fortunately, my girlfriend, Raleyshah was also on the trip and I did know most of the other people there, it turned out to be a great time!  I have to say, I was quite a trooper walking around all over, riding the bus w/the drunken stupid and witnessing all the crazy insanity that was around me.  All of my friends gave me high fives and pats on the back for being such a trooper and they are truly a great group of friends so I had an awesome time.  It's true what they say...if you're in the right company, any time will be a great time even if you're not doing anything, it's still something interesting, lol.  I have a ton of pictures I was plannin' to upload to FB, but for whatever reason, I am "convinced" that I look pregnant in them...I don't look heavy or pregnant in the belly but something about my face or demeanor seems "off" and I feel like there could be a chance someone could notice it so...I'm not taking that chance...I will post them after June 24th when it's out...but for those of you following this blog...I will post some here:


...What was really cool about the whole weekend was...last Wednesday, I went to see my acupuncturist and literally...had vomitted my whole morning's worth of food and drink before going to see her...UGH UGH UGH...totally gross...and I told her and she decided to focus my treatment on my gastrointestinal tract and all that other stuff....I hadn't really put much thought into the treatment at the time...but seriously...I was throwing up and nauseous for almost 2 weeks up to that point and then suddenly...that Thursday, I was nauseous but didn't throw up and then the entire weekend down in OC, I ate everything and anything and was able to keep it all down without nausea!!!!  Can I get an "AMEN!" and "Hallejuah!!!" I really had no problem....truly a talent...who knows if it really has anything to do w/the treatment, but she cured me of all of my menstrual cramps that I've been plagued w/my whole life so I'm a firm believer that the acupuncture has truly been my saving grace...it has helped me in so many ways and I am forever a client.  Two days ago I went for my weekly treatment and was now experiencing post nasal drip and she treated everything mostly in my face and sinus cavity...I still have it slightly but it wasn't as severe as it had been ....PLUS I am doing the netipot to help clear it out...so I think the combination is working...

...I think I totally jinxed myself w/hoping that the morning sickness had "run its course" and that I was getting over it when this morning...before I even got to start my day...I was dry heaving in the bathroom for like 5-7 minutes...and let me tell you...NOTHING was coming out...although it was really trying to get out of me...there was NOTHING....talk about all that work...and exhaustion for not even a drop of liquid...it was like the baby wanted to remind me it was still in there...thriving away...which I am glad for...but I tell you what...it was no joke this morning...i was so loud and it was so obnoxious that I was all contorted over the porcelain throne....trying to to let it all out...and it pretty much made me tired for the rest of the day...I didn't have much of an appetite and got a headache and it just wasn't a fun day overall....oh well.

...I keep having dreams that I am having a BOY and am so excited at the possibility of the baby being a boy...I would be happy with whatever we were blessed with but I think I could break out my mommy skills on a boy...totally punk him out and spike his hair...how cool would that be? A totally metro baby boy...ehhehehehehe....you can't expect anything less when you got a prissy vain gal like myself and Gregg being totally into his style and look...it will make for a very interesting mixed baby, watch out, lol!

...There are some other things that are on my mind that I don't really want to discuss here yet I am saddened by them...I just don't understand why some people always have to have opinions without doing their research on it first before blowing things out of proportion OR why some people get so wrapped up in trying to tell you how to do things the way you choose to do them???  I really believe there is more than one way to skin a cat ...and that not ONE way is right over another...it's purely preference yet ...so many people waste so much energy trying to tell you what they think it is...it's one thing if..i am actively soliciting your advice on a particular matter...but in all honesty...i think I know some stuff and I am confident that I know how to parent as I've done it before (ahem!) I do have one daughter already and practically helped raised my younger sister who is almost 12 years younger than me...I think I KNOW some stuff, lol...I find it fascinating that certain people make judgments about things that they don't have firsthand experience with but dare go around telling you how it should be when they only know one side of it and actually don't even care to know about the other side of it...it blows my mind that there are so many people like this and these same people are the ones that when you offer advice, they don't want any part of it yet they force their opinions down your throat and what's even funnier is when you meet them, you can clearly see that they don't have it together as a parent themselves....just goes to show you that people that have too much time on their hands and love being miserable...I really feel bad for these people...truly...too much energy wasted on nothing...

...I'm so sorry for going off on a tangent...it just ....makes me wonder what goes on in their minds for them to be this way???  how do they get along...in life...how do they....go through their days with this mindset?  It's sad really....

...I'm a bit anxious too since my husband did officially lose his job....and June 7th is his last day....I will have his company's insurance til end of the month and then we have to decide on the Cobra or Medical Assistance...I am sure it will all work itself out yet the stressors of having to make some decisions is draining...and wearing on us....we have so many changes happening over the rest of this year...and I don't want us to be irrational or impulsive in making any of them...so we will have to re-visit and discuss our options frequently to make sure we are satisfied with what we decide....so pray for us and our sanity, lol.

Well, I think this is enough of an update lol...I think I've shared enough to hold you over til the next one lol...I hope it was interesting and entertaining to  you, lol.  I wish you all well and again thank you so much for following and keeping in touch with me, I really appreciate your support!  Until next time, enjoy the weather and happy day!

Elise_Is_PG

No comments:

Post a Comment