....So here we go...I am now 38 weeks and 4 days pregnant and is Portia here yet??? NOT AT ALL!!!! Seems that whole idea about 2nd and subsequent babies coming sooner or quicker does not hold true...well at least not for me...such a misnomer, omg! My darling daughter, Vanessa was born at 37 weeks via c-section because she was breech and surprisingly I was in labor at the time and had no idea and felt no contractions. My scheduled c-section is this Friday, December 30th at 12:30pm and as far as it has been going, it definitely looks like that will be Portia's birthday unless she decides to make an appearance between today and Friday.
....I've been having contractions regularly but not regular enough to warrant a visit to the hospital or doctor's office. My back is totally out of whack, painful and my sleeplessness is such an annoyance anymore. My mucus plug has been long gone since the 11th which is why I thought I would have gone into labor already but no, it's not yet happened.
....Needless to say, I am totally OVER being pregnant; my pregnancy has been uneventful and for the most part easy going so I truly cannot complain--even with my 4 months of morning sickness, I still feel like I was very fortunate w/my pregnancy ailments...but now....in these last few days, I am just disenchanted with the waiting game anymore. It was difficult to wait this one out because doctors kept reassuring me that Portia would come sooner due to it being my 2nd pregnancy so setting me up for the expectation only made me more anxious and nervous about the whole thing and now she is just "right on time" which is fine, but just leaves me feeling deflated lol....cuz I had hoped she'd come so much sooner.
...I've been diligently trying to induce my pregnancy since the 11th...walking, bouncing on the yoga ball, sex, drinking raspberry leaf tea, accupressure points everything and it would always produce contractions and I do believe it has helped me to dilate and efface YET not enough to push me into labor and delivery...docs keep telling me that I will "know" the difference between false and real labor pains but I'm not so convinced as so far, everything has just been pressure and not painful...an annoyance but not a hinderance so I'm not sure that I fit the bill for the typical pregnant woman as my pain threshold is NOT the same as most.
...I have a doctor's visit tomorrow....to do paperwork for the c-section and I am truly hoping when the doc does the internal, she will just say that I am dilated and effaced enough to have the baby tomorrrow and not wait til Friday--that would be totally sweet but I have this aching feeling that darling Portia wants to bake and bake lol.
...So until the birth of Portia and her timely arrival, I will update when I can. Pray for my sanity, delivery and recovery until then! Hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have a great New Year's as well!
Stay tuned!
Elise_Is_PG
No comments:
Post a Comment