Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 9, 2011

My rainy day project Wed. Dec. 7th 2011

So...my sister-in-law, Gregg's sister, Lynn gave me her rocking chair glider and ottoman a few years ago...I wasn't even pregnant yet but everyone knew we were going to have kids eventually and who knew that it'd take us 3 years of trying and an IVF cycle later before we would be??? I definitely didn't think it would go that route...but in any case, we made it!  We did it!  And we are only weeks away from Portia joining our family so we are completely stoked!

I bought 2 coordinating fabrics from Etsy.com probably before the summer even started but never got around to actually making the covers until literally this past Wednesday, lol....I just was slow to start it but was able to get 90% of it done in one afternoon and just finished some stitches the next morning and now it's pretty much done.  I just have to have Gregg staple the remaining fabric to the ottoman and it will be completed.  I was really hoping to make actual slipcovers that I could take off and launder when I needed to, but there are some cushion details that would've been lost if I did that and the chair would've lost its "structured" look so I just covered the existing cushions and will just have to spot clean it when necessary.  Considering it is a busy pattern and print, it will be nice that it will "hide" whatever possible stains but it's only meant to sit in for rocking so I don't anticipate this being a problem.  Also the print I chose was a "neutral" green, white and black print so it wouldn't matter if I had a boy or girl and I think it looks really cool!  I was also able to use leftover scraps to cover a disposable wipes case and also made a pillow to go with the chair. 

Check it out!

The BEFORE chair


The AFTER with 2 coordinating fabrics; the ottoman will be in the zigzag print.


Here with the matching pillow which has the zigzag print on one side and on the reverse side is the medallion print.


I used leftover scraps to decorate this disposable wipes case and embellished it w/black scalloped ribbon.
So there you go folks!  My rainy day project!  Until next time, be happy and thanks for checkin' in!

Elise_Is_PG

No comments:

Post a Comment